COO, International Supply Chain
Wayfair is focused on expanding our logistics and supply chain footprint to include international supply chain services. We are applying digital, analytics and machine learning capabilities to ocean freight and drayage services to build a differentiated experience for importers who want to be part of a supply chain for the e-commerce age. We have recently completed pilots that show that significant financial and customer experience value can be created by transforming the process in this space. We are now committed to rapidly scaling these services and applying increasing amounts of technology to build a top tier integrated global ocean and drayage freight forwarding service with the next 2-3 years.
We are now looking for a Chief Operating Officer for this business. The candidate will lead the scale-up of these services and manage the P&L for our ocean and drayage services. This role will have:
- Direct responsibility for managing the operations teams based in US and Asia to drive the processes, cost, technology application and supplier experience.
- Matrixed leadership of sales, technology and analytics groups to deliver topline & margin goals.
The role will report into the business head of International Supply Chain, also based in Boston. Up to 25% travel (both domestic and international) is expected.
What You'll Do
- Own overall P&L for International Supply Chain focused on ocean freight and drayage services business. Directly accountable for 100+ resources over the next 12 months.
- Lead scale-up from a start-up stage in 2018 to a full-scale delivery function in 24-36 months.
- Define the operations process, management checklists, escalation processes and compliance assessments for the end to end process.
- Drive all executive decisions required to determine need for and footprint of the team.
- Work with commercial teams to influence identification, selection, negotiation and implementation of any third-party firms required in support origin services in Asia.
- Build the customer experience measurement processes, set trajectory, and manage the ongoing tracking & reporting.
- Work closely with the sales team to define the on-boarding process and ensure seamless onboarding at all times.
- Manage international 3PL and forwarder relationships including management of key operating metrics and financials for each of the relationships.
- Continuously drive the IT requirements in working with product and technology teams to bring about step changes toward being the best-in-class management of inbound goods.
- Define operating procedures, SLAs, and reporting frameworks for the operations team, agents, and third parties used.
What You'll Need
- MBA from top-tier business school
- 10+ years of industry, strategy consulting experience, or a combination of the two
- Operations or freight forwarding experience preferred
- Comfort working with large database of information to drive analytical insights
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.