Assistant Pit Master @ Licketty’s
Join Licketty’s as an Assistant Pit Master!
What we are seeking…
An outgoing individual who has a passion for preparing and smoking meat. Somebody who is passionate about creating BBQ.
As a member on our team you will…
Work with the Pit master in the preparation, smoking, cutting and serving of smoked meat at the Seahawks homes games by….
- Preparing and loading the pit with all meats that are to be smoked
- Following our recipe guide for proper smoke times, trim procedures, and portion sizes for all meats
- Testing cooked foods by tasting and smelling them to ensure high quality and accuracy
- Completing any other duties/tasks as directed by Head of Culinary Operations
- Demonstrating honesty, integrity, responsibility and fulfillment of commitments
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Excellent time management, cleanliness and organizational skills to ensure all food items meet our standards
- Excellent culinary skills; must have previous experience smoking and butchering various types of meat
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- A self-starter and be able to identify what needs to be done and do it without being told.
- Ability to work independently, closely with others and as a member of a team
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong discretion, flexibility and good judgment necessary
- A valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation to get to and from job – vehicle provided for job related transportation requirements
- Ability to work in a hot environment; this role will help build and maintain the fire in the pit.
Other things to note…
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to risk and injuries caused by fire and heat as well as working with sharp objects.
- This position will work ALL Seattle Seahawk home games. The general schedule will be preparation on Thursdays followed by Saturday evening to prepare/smoke the meat into Sunday’s game. Days/hours may shift depending on game day (Monday Night Football/Sunday Night Football) and time. Additional hours will be negotiated and added based on events booked.