Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
Who you are:
A Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer with a uniquely diverse mix of skills and passions? An Engineer who enjoys using their technical skills as part of a cross-functional team to provide solutions and support the data warehouse platform.
Do you want to take those skills and passions to the next level at an organization that’s committed to making a positive difference in the world?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, our mission at Vulcan is to make and leave the world a better place. We do that through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?”
Our “And” is the idea of bringing together a diversity of people, ideas, disciplines, approaches…in service of Paul Allen’s agenda for a better world. Taking an unorthodox approach to assemble elements that ordinarily would not be seen together. Philanthropy and profit-seeking enterprise. Brain science and art… You see that in the work we do. You see it in our people. And, is a way of life for us.
Come and work with us if you want to embrace your ‘And’ game. Learn about a broader range of subjects than you ever thought possible. Work across a variety of disciplines, projects, problems. Experience in one day what most people would not experience in ten years in their career. A place where #onlyatvulcan is not just a clever tagline, but is something you’ll find yourself saying. Constantly.
On our Technology team, that translates to developing new hardware and software, and deploying new methods for gathering data that can protect wildlife and oceans and building a cutting-edge system to manage a vast trove of media. Visit vulcan.com/technology to learn more about our remarkable technology efforts.
As a member on our team you will…
Provide support for the Vulcan BI platform as part of a small, high performing team and interface with business customers to gather requirements and deliver BI solutions by -
- Performing data warehouse design and testing, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation
- Driving the analytics data collection and measurement efforts by translating the lines-of-business requirements into data sources for end-user consumption
- Establishing and maintaining standards in support of Data & Analytics Program
- Developing, maintaining and communicating architectural roadmaps for data transparency and alignment
- Mapping systems and interfaces in support of company analytical goals
- Building a strong, transparent, self-service model that is flexible and scalable to accommodate existing and new analytical requirements
- Evaluating emerging technologies and products for potential company utilization
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence fields
- 3+ years experience in the following areas;
- Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Modeling data warehouses/marts necessary to support business reporting needs
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Multidimensional and/or Tabular
- Ability to understand all available information, synthesize and communicate a proposed solution clearly and concisely
- Proven critical and strategic thinker – Ability to understand all available information, synthesize and communicate a proposed solution clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication, project management and client partnership capability
- Strong understanding and interest in the data lifecycle from collection to consumption to action
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and perform at high standards with limited supervision
Your characteristics include:
- Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy with an entrepreneurial sprit
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- Good sense of humor and desire to pause and enjoy the big wins with teammates
- A higher than average amount of emotional intelligence and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
Vulcan is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, age, gender, religion, disability, LGBTQ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or your recruiter.