Assistant Cinema Manager
THE FOLLOWING CAREER HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR
BY SEATTLE’S MOST EPIC MOVIE EXPERIENCE
Regularly voted Seattle’s best movie theater, Cinerama combines our fan favorite - chocolate popcorn - with sleek comfort and futuristic decor to offer Seattle’s most epic movie experience. Cinerama opened just a year after the World’s Fair came to town in 1963. Purchased and restored by Paul G. Allen in the late 1990’s, Cinerama has since become a favorite venue for Seattle moviegoers of all ages, from families to Star Wars buffs and action enthusiasts.
Seeing a film at Cinerama is an extraordinary event requiring a superior staff. We are looking for a passionate leader to cast as our next Assistant Cinema Manager, who will serve as a key member in all aspects of day-to-day operations for Cinerama.
Let’s take a look at some of your soon-to-be responsibilities:
- Support the Cinema Operations Manager in supervising work of Guest Services Supervisor and hourly floor staff
- Assist in fostering enthusiasm, satisfaction, and high performance of each team member
- Ensure business is conducted in a manner consistent with company values, legal compliance, standard operating procedures, and ethical considerations
- Routinely be responsible for cinema opening and closing; meeting vendors for deliveries, repairs, and other business needs; and performing last-person-out walk-throughs.
- Train and develop staff regarding policies, practices and procedures and mentor them regarding their growth and development
- Work closely with IT to ensure all cinema-related hardware and software are in working order and that all programs are within Vulcan IT guidelines
- Process daily and end of period reports, accounts payable and payroll and ensure appropriate procedures are followed for accurate accounting of all funds
- Maintain cost controls related to the F&B budget and changes in business
- Collaborate with key leaders on the cinema’s film path for the year, as well as planning and execution of film festivals and other special initiatives
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Five plus years relevant experience OR a combination of education and experience
- A background in cinema, film, or hospitality industry
- Experience in developing processes, operational programs and implementing change (preferably within Food & Beverage or Guest Services)
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or your recruiter.