Sr. Compensation Analyst
Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking to hire a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Human Resources team.
Are you a seasoned compensation professional who lives and breathes data and the story it tells? Do you want to take your skills and passions to the next level at an organization that brings experts together to tackle some of the world’s hardest problems?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, our mission at Vulcan is to improve our planet by tackling the world’s toughest problems. We do that through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?”
Come and work with us if you want to embrace your ‘And’ game as we have an environment where talented individuals come together to use their talents, insights and experience to promote an exciting mix of world changing ideas for impact. We offer plenty of opportunities to work across a variety of disciplines, projects and problems “And” it means learning about a broader range of subjects than you ever thought possible. Working at Vulcan can be thrilling and fun “And” it’s also a chance to build a better world. Experience in one day what most people would not experience in ten years in their career. A place where #onlyatvulcan is not just a clever tagline, but is something you’ll find yourself saying. Constantly.
On our Human Resources team, that translates to supporting a diverse
mix of industries and people: Real Estate Developers, Wildlife Experts, Investment Analysts and Art Curators, just to name a few!
In this role you will…
- Collaborate closely with other HR teams on design, policy development, guidelines and implementation of key compensation programs and actively participate in roll out of company-wide compensation initiatives and programs.
- Manage job matching and data submission processes for compensation surveys. Lead our year-round salary survey inventory and benchmarking process, including analysis of market data and overall competitiveness.
- Evaluate new jobs, promotions and reclassifications and recommend compensation elements for positions, including base and incentive pay, market range and placement within structure.
- Review and analyze results from compensation and benefits surveys to make recommendations to ensure we offer competitive total rewards programs.
- Effectively manage and maintain current plans, systems and tools.
- Maintain internal structure including job leveling, and job families that are relevant for strategic goals of the business.
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- In-depth knowledge of current compensation processes, practices, and employment law with experience applying this knowledge in various situations within an organization.
- Highly analytical, resourceful, self-directed and team-oriented. A problem-solver and go-getter. Comfortable thinking big and diving deep. Able to take ownership and successfully deliver results.
- Strong business and consultative skills including experience initiating, conducting and facilitating discussions with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze data and provide strategic recommendations based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field and ten plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with executive compensation and incentive compensation plans is preferred
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or your recruiter.