Senior Product Marketing Manager, Conservation
We're hiring a Senior Product Marketing Manager, Conservation to join our Impact team.
Who we are:
At Vulcan we are working to tackle our planet's hard problems by exploring innovative ideas and implementing creative solutions. We are driven by our late founder Paul Allen's desire to make a measurable impact. Our philanthropic efforts are tethered to a simple principle; if it has the potential to do good, then we should do it. Across our products and initiatives, we gather and share foundational data to inform global solutions for the world’s biggest challenges, react nimbly to changing needs and new technologies, embrace the power of public awareness and collaboration and reimagine what philanthropic endeavors can accomplish as well as how they are developed and executed.
Our Impact team translates developing new approaches that merge philanthropy and productization, and a broad portfolio of issues, from ocean health to wildlife conservation to community building and climate change. We build partnerships with individuals and organizations across science, conservation and philanthropy for maximum impact.
About the role:
Vulcan Impact is looking for a top-notch product marketer to own our narrative and value proposition for Wildlife Conservation, including product marketing and go-to-market for our Conservation products and initiatives. You’ll develop compelling, differentiated positioning and messaging, launch new products and initiatives, demonstrate momentum via ongoing thought leadership, customer testimonials and impact results and evangelize Vulcan Impact’s approach to Conservation with customers, partners, analysts, press and executives. You will collaborate and drive alignment with engineering, business development, product management and marketing teams to accelerate the adoption of new products through innovative go-to-market. We’re looking for a product marketer that is passionate about leveraging their skills, experience and problem-solving skills to frame and work through complex challenges in Wildlife Conservation.
As a member of our team you will:
- Deliver narrative and messaging framework for Vulcan Impact’s Conservation story and solutions.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategy for Conservation products and initiatives.
- Drive product marketing content and execution for products and initiatives, including positioning and messaging, product launches and go-to-market planning and execution and sales enablement.
- Deliver ongoing editorial calendar, including product news, thought leadership, customer testimonials and impact metrics to drive awareness for Impact’s approach to Conservation.
- Engage and influence internal stakeholders across engineering, business development, product management and corporate communications teams.
- Engage with Impact Leadership Team at all levels.
The education, experience and skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution and plus 7 - 9 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, go-to-market strategy, or product management for a high-tech company.
- Proven experience in delivering differentiated product messaging, product launches and go-to-market planning and execution.
- Ability to prioritize product marketing activities and deliverables, while managing multiple projects effectively and driving them to completion with a focus on producing measurable results.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of product marketing assets (messaging framework, customer collateral, sales collateral, web content, newsletters, etc.).
- Proven ability to plan, align and lead cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to bring a product to market.
- Experience and effective in highly dynamic work environments.
- Strong affinity for metrics and a bias toward data-driven decision making.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, startup environment.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Some characteristics we value:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A strong interest and passion for the key initiative and agenda items that support Vulcan’s mission.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.