Software Engineer -Mid and Sr. - Engineering Excellence
Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking for our next Sr. Software Engineer to help drive Vulcan’s Impact Technology Group.
… a strong team player with a passion to make a difference in the world? Do you want to take your skills and passions to the next level at an organization that is bringing experts together to solve the biggest challenges?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, our mission at Vulcan is to improve our planet by tackling the world’s toughest problems. We do that through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?”
Our “And” is the idea of bringing together a diversity of people, ideas, disciplines, approaches…in service of Paul Allen’s agenda for a better world. Taking an unorthodox approach to assemble elements that ordinarily would not be seen together. Philanthropy and profit-seeking enterprise. Brain science and art… You see that in the work we do. You see it in our people. And, is a way of life for us.
Come and work with us if you want to embrace your ‘And’ game. Learn about a broader range of subjects than you ever thought possible. Work across a variety of disciplines, projects, problems. Experience in one day what most people would not experience in ten years in their career. A place where #onlyatvulcan is not just a clever tagline, but is something you’ll find yourself saying. Constantly.
The ideal Senior Software Engineer candidate will tackle challenges with an entrepreneurial spirit and have the capacity to deliver across a broad range of domains and technologies.
As a member of our foundational engineering team that is on a mission to make our engineers more productive and enable them to build better systems, you will participate in defining & driving the following from ground up:
- Developer Productivity
- Security Architecture
- Operational Architecture & SRE
- Cloud Governance
- ML Infrastructure
You will bring this experience and skill sets…
- Strong Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Deep experience as an infrastructure engineer building complex & distributed systems
- Experience with data infrastructure and big data technologies
- Experience building for and running production systems on public clouds (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.