Vehicle & Heavy Equipment Maintenance Manager
We’re looking for a Vehicle & Heavy Equipment Maintenance Manager at Paul G. Allen’s Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum (FHCAM) located at Paine Field in Everett, Washington.
Are you an experienced vehicle or heavy equipment maintenance professional with a uniquely diverse mix of skills and passions? Do you want to take those skills and passions to the next level at an organization that’s committed to making a positive difference by educating people about rare historic aircrafts, vehicles and artifacts? Join the team to lead our dedicated maintenance team!
Now a bit about us
FHCAM was started in 1998 when Mr. Allen began acquiring and preserving the iconic armor and warbirds that you see within our hangars, many of which are the last of their kind. In 2008 the collection moved from its home in Arlington, WA to its current location on Paine Field in Everett where it now houses these priceless treasures.
The aircraft, vehicles and artifacts at the museum are a testament to the era’s engineering skill and humanity’s spirit during the world conflicts of the 20th century. On rotation in our working hangar are military artifacts from the United States, Britain, Germany, Soviet Union and Japan, acquired and restored with unparalleled authenticity to share with the public.
As a manager on our team you will
Be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and annual inspections of various armored military vehicles, tugs, GSE and other equipment as well as daily supervision of FHCAM maintenance personnel and outside maintenance agencies. Additional duties include:
- Directing, implementing and complying with all laws and regulations governing safety, health and environmental protection through diverse mechanisms including, but not limited to, Safety Reviews, counseling, promptly correcting unsafe conditions, holding and documenting regular safety meetings.
- Overseeing and performing artifact improvement projects and minor artifact restoration projects on FHCAM military vehicles and other armor related artifacts.
- Operation of FHCAM Military vehicles, ground support equipment and artifacts for training and display purposes.
- Purchasing supplies and equipment within budget requirements and assisting the Operations Analyst in developing budget and maintenance forecasts.
- Working with Sr. Manager to recommend vehicle maintenance and operations manuals, policies and procedures.
Some of the qualifications we seek
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and 8 plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and safe operation of vehicles is required
- Experience managing a team to carry out complex vehicle maintenance.
- Knowledge of all maintenance tools and equipment, and ability to use them effectively and safely.
- General knowledge of, but not limited to electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel and oil systems; Gas, Propane and Diesel engines, transmissions and gearboxes.
- Experience with product evaluation, vendor selection and working with outside maintenance agencies.
- Experience with routine maintenance, heavy maintenance and operations of armored and other military vehicles.
- Experience with military gun and weapons systems as related to the artifacts in the FHCAM.
Additional important details about this role
- Regular work hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm during non-flying season. Will be required to work several Saturdays throughout the year for events.
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.