Risk and Safety Coordinator
The Vulcan Risk Management & Safety team is looking for a new team member. This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best risk management folks around
Who you are:
A scrappy, self-starter, who is looking to get a foundation in Risk and Safety management. Somebody who is passionate about coordinating safety events and programs, who can keep the team organized and is not afraid to think outside the box to solve problems. An energetic and enthusiastic individual who is looking to take their skills and passions to the next level with a company that’s committed to help you grow and make a positive difference in the world.
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Here at Vulcan, there are risks inherent in our goal of igniting progress. Vulcan Risk Management and Safety supports the entire organization and its affiliates in protecting Vulcan's people, reputation and assets. The team is here to help identify and evaluate risk in Vulcan's operations, projects, initiatives and acquisitions--ensuring that appropriate mitigation plans are implemented, and placing insurance where required or as deemed necessary.
As a member on our team you will get to…
You’ll get to contribute and expand your skills in a dynamic organization focused on tackling some of the world's hardest problems by:
- Supporting the Risk Management and Safety team in the administration of enterprise-wide risk management and safety programs
- Participating in the evaluation and mitigation of corporate risks.
- Coordinating and communicating safety events and programs (accident prevention, safety committees, floor warden program, OSHA reporting, and employee training)
- Supporting the development, maintenance, testing and documentation of Business Continuity and Crisis Management programs.
- Assisting in the annual insurance renewal process by compiling and reviewing underwriting data, completing underwriting submissions, processing premium invoices, and updating insurance schedules.
- Overseeing and process insurance certificate requests and automobile ID cards
- Interacting with internal stakeholders and business units, affiliates, outside advisors and industry stakeholders.
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive.
- Strong Administrative skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
- Independent thinking and initiation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Be able to remain calm and cool under pressure and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to both multi-task and handle change.
Your characteristics include:
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
If you are interested in developing your career in risk management and safety in an incredibly diverse portfolio, this is the place.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.