Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking for our next Treasury Analyst to join our Finance team.
Are you a treasury professional with a keen eye for detail and a passion to do work that helps to make and leave the world a better place?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, Vulcan pursues initiatives and projects that seek to change the trajectory of some of the world’s most difficult challenges. We work to improve our planet and support our communities through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?” As you might imagine, creating meaningful impact isn’t always easy. We hope this is where you can help.
On our Finance team, that means you will be a strong fiduciary partner and trusted advisor, and leverage technology to maximize the impact of Vulcan’s world changing initiatives. And you will be exposed to a remarkable variety of business and investment approaches.
Some of the impactful work you’ll do…
- Support the operational needs of Vulcan Treasury including cash management, short term investments, debt, derivatives, bank relationship management, foreign exchange, payment strategies, policy, process and program development along with the associated departmental and organizational compliance.
- Support day to day treasury management activity which includes cash positioning, payments processing, reconciling, analyzing and reporting on Treasury related activity.
- Manage bank account maintenance process, including opening/closing accounts, legal and KYC documentation, repapering of signature cards, account service updates and ensuring integrity of internal bank account data.
- Build, develop and maintain treasury processes, policies and procedures with a key focus on thoughtful change management principles.
- Support the Vulcan Investment Management Finance team with daily investment portfolio trade accounting, settlement and reporting requirements, as well as with regulatory and Know-Your-Customer documentation for multi-asset class global investment portfolios
Some of your potential skills and experience…
- Previous operations experience in a treasury or finance department or financial Institution.
- Experience with Treasury Management System (GTreasury), Oracle PeopleSoft Treasury and Microsoft Power BI.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and two plus years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to make the world a better place.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or your recruiter.