Marketing and Communications Manager
Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking for our next Marketing and Communications Manager to join our Arts + Entertainment team. Are you a media relations pro with a passion for writing, creating content and a deep understanding of social media?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Our Arts + Entertainment team is guided by our founder Paul Allen’s vision of investing in the region’s cultural fabric so new generations can explore and realize their true creative potential. Our portfolio of consumer-facing entities includes Upstream Music Fest + Summit, Seattle Art Fair, Seattle Cinerama, h Club London and h Club LA. We also represent and advance the activities of museums including the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum and the Living Computers: Museum + Labs. In addition to our current portfolio, we actively pursue new arts and entertainment endeavors.
As a member on our team you will…
- Design and execute short and long-term content marketing and communications strategies for Cinerama, Seattle Art Fair, and Living Computers: Museum + Labs and support our affiliate organizations like MoPOP and Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum. This role will also support other projects as specified that engage with multiple audiences across a variety of mediums and channels.
- Develop effective communications strategies, and concise and compelling communications materials, including story ideas/pitches, messaging documents and press releases.
- Develop relationships with key media, and other influencers that benefit the broad interests of the business.
- Co-manage and publish to Vulcan Arts + Entertainment digital platforms (social channels and websites).
- Discover, create and publish content across a variety of mediums and channels for the Vulcan Arts + Entertainment portfolio.
- Develop and execute effective digital campaigns, including developing creative briefs, materials, identifying target audiences and creating videos, blogs, graphics, social media posts and other storytelling content.
- Ability to partner with internal teams and stakeholders as well as outside partners and agencies to find the right story and develop content to support key initiatives across a broad range of programs and initiatives.
- Increase the reach and impact of the venues within the Vulcan Arts + Entertainment portfolio, thereby contributing to the increase in attendance, sponsorship sales and private event sales.
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proof-read a high volume of materials.
- Relationships or proven track-record of developing strong relationships with media.
- Professional experience with writing/copywriting/journalism/online/social media publishing.
- Must have deep understanding of social media and experience managing brand or organizational handles.
- Must be able to conceive, produce, write and edit digital content.
- Consumer marketing experience in the entertainment/events industry focused on driving attendance/ticket sales.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work well independently in a flexible, fast-paced and results oriented environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.