Business Applications Engineer (Cloud)
Who you are:
A Cloud Integration Engineer with a uniquely diverse mix of skills and passions? An Engineer who enjoys working as part of a cross-functional team to provide solutions and support digital business transformation.
Do you want to take those skills and passions to the next level at an organization that’s committed to making a positive difference in the world?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, our mission at Vulcan is to make and leave the world a better place. We do that through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?”
Our “And” is the idea of bringing together a diversity of people, ideas, disciplines, approaches…in service of Paul Allen’s agenda for a better world. Taking an unorthodox approach to assemble elements that ordinarily would not be seen together. Philanthropy and profit-seeking enterprise. Brain science and art… You see that in the work we do. You see it in our people. And, is a way of life for us.
Come and work with us if you want to embrace your ‘And’ game. Learn about a broader range of subjects than you ever thought possible. Work across a variety of disciplines, projects, problems. Experience in one day what most people would not experience in ten years in their career. A place where #onlyatvulcan is not just a clever tagline, but is something you’ll find yourself saying. Constantly.
On our Technology team, that translates to developing new hardware and software, and deploying new methods for gathering data that can protect wildlife and oceans and building a cutting-edge system to manage a vast trove of media. Visit vulcan.com/technology to learn more about our remarkable technology efforts.
As a member on our team you will…
Focus on the integration, customization, and aggregation of the cloud by -
- Interfacing with business customers to gather requirements and deliver innovative solutions to business problems that enable automation and self-service. Driving the analytics data collection and measurement efforts by translating the lines-of-business requirements into data sources for end-user consumption
- Creating bolt on solutions to augment off the shelf applications in a low-code, GUI-based application development platform
- Integrating cloud endpoints and cloud services through integration platform as a service (Dell Boomi) or best solution
- Providing governance and community management of business process automation and integration programs
- Ensuring architecture is secure, resilient, scalable, and recoverable
- Guiding understanding and adopting of established and emerging data technologies
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience cloud-based integration and customization
- Previous experience with customer facing professional services or technical support roles
- Technical skills in programming, scripting, and GUI-based development tools
- Excellent communication skills to work with functional experts and business owners.
- Ability to work on high impact projects at a fast pace with multiple business partners to solve difficult problems.
- 3+ years of experience in
- Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Web services (REST, OAuth, JSON, SOAP, or WSDL)
- Developing and consuming RESTful web services
- APIs, web services, orchestration, and automation
- Previous experience preferred with:
- Dell Boomi
- K2 (or similar low-code development platform)
- Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
- Basic database administration concepts (MS SQL preferred)
Your characteristics include:
- Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy with an entrepreneurial sprit
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- Good sense of humor and desire to pause and enjoy the big wins with teammates
- A higher than average amount of emotional intelligence and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
Vulcan is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, age, gender, religion, disability, LGBTQ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.