Event & Operations Coordinator
Vulcan Inc. is looking for an Event & Operations Coordinator to join our Arts & Entertainment team.
Are you an events guru with a passion for creating unique experiences? Do you want to take your skills and passions to the next level at an organization that brings experts together to solve the biggest challenges?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Our Arts + Entertainment team is guided by our founder Paul Allen’s vision of investing in the region’s cultural fabric so new generations can explore and realize their true creative potential. Our portfolio of consumer-facing entities includes Upstream Music Fest + Summit, Seattle Art Fair, Seattle Cinerama, h Club London and h Club LA. We also represent and advance the activities of museums including the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum and the Living Computers: Museum + Labs. In addition to our current portfolio, we actively pursue new arts and entertainment endeavors.
As a member on our team you will…
- Gain full-knowledge of event space layout, capabilities, as well as functional details and storage locations of all event assets.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for all aspects of event operations including client rentals, public events, or other programming during daytime, evening, and weekend hours at various sites in the A+E portfolio.
- Work closely with the sales organization to be the onsite point person for client tours and event planning and coordination with clients
- Actively participate in all aspects of the operations of events, rentals, and screenings from setup to tear down.
- Learn all aspects of operations including basic knowledge of facilities, security, supervising staff, scheduling, AV and client/vendor interactions.
- Maintain inventory of office, exhibit, event and retail supplies to ensure appropriate stock levels for each area.
- Run daily operations in absence of the Lead Museum Guide, Operations Manager, General Manager or Supervisors as needed and as schedule permits.
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Previous experience in events or similar or project coordination
- Strong Administrative skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with various vendors in the production, entertainment, A/V and communications fields.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently; productive under pressure.
- Able to both multi-task and handle change.
- Familiarity with vintage and modern computers and technology is a plus.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
This position directly supervises a team of employees and external vendors upon occasion. The supervisor performs responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Local travel required occasionally, 10% on average.
- This position will work nights and weekends as needed to support events and operations.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed for setup and operations
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or your recruiter.