Business Systems Analyst
Who you are:
A Business Analyst who has a uniquely diverse mix of skills and passions? A customer service guru who loves technology and working with people.
Do you want to take those skills and passions to the next level at an organization that’s committed to making a positive difference in the world?
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, our mission at Vulcan is to make and leave the world a better place. We do that through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?”
Our “And” is the idea of bringing together a diversity of people, ideas, disciplines, approaches…in service of Paul Allen’s agenda for a better world. Taking an unorthodox approach to assemble elements that ordinarily would not be seen together. Philanthropy and profit-seeking enterprise. Brain science and art… You see that in the work we do. You see it in our people. And, is a way of life for us.
Come and work with us if you want to embrace your ‘And’ game. Learn about a broader range of subjects than you ever thought possible. Work across a variety of disciplines, projects, problems. Experience in one day what most people would not experience in ten years in their career. A place where #onlyatvulcan is not just a clever tagline, but is something you’ll find yourself saying. Constantly.
On our Technology team, that translates to developing new hardware and software, and deploying new methods for gathering data that can protect wildlife and oceans, and building a cutting-edge system to manage a vast trove of media. Visit vulcan.com/technology to learn more about our remarkable technology efforts.
As a member on our team you will…
Be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting business applications for internal business customers within Vulcan by -
- Working closely with Program Managers, Business Analysts and Software Developers to deliver solutions that include administering and integrating systems that are on premise and in the cloud.
- Collaborating with Business Application group and its customers on implementations, enhancements, and upgrades of related Business Systems
- Providing functional and technical input on Business Applications projects
- Working collaboratively and building relationships with peers, business partners, and vendors to solve problems, share knowledge, and mentor others
- Identifying and investigating customer problems, issues, and circumstances — and provide recommendations, alternatives, risks, benefits and solutions
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- 8+ years in technical program management in a related industry, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years application software implementation experience
- Familiarity with concepts of client-server development and administration, database architecture, database development and administration, software development, and web development
- Experience with cloud applications, platforms and infrastructure services
- Experience with software development lifecycle and support methodologies
- Basic SQL, query optimization, and file system layout and optimization.
- Experience in the areas of client-server development and administration, database architecture, database development and administration, software development, and web development
- Exposure to Okta, ServiceNOw, Sharepoint or VMware
Your characteristics include:
- Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy with an entrepreneurial sprit
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- Good sense of humor and desire to pause and enjoy the big wins with teammates
- A higher than average amount of emotional intelligence and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
Vulcan is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, age, gender, religion, disability, LGBTQ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.