Lead Software Engineer in Test
Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking for our next Lead Software Engineer in Test on the Skylight Team.
Who you are
Are you a Lead Software Developer in Test with a uniquely diverse mix of skills and passions? Do you want to take those skills and passions to the next level at an organization that’s committed to making a positive difference?
Nice to meet you, we're Vulcan.
Empowered by our founder Paul Allen’s vision, our mission at Vulcan is to improve our planet by tackling the world’s toughest problems. We do that through scientific and technological breakthroughs, catalytic philanthropy, and inspirational experiences, motivated by Paul’s lifelong question: “What solution should exist that doesn’t?”
Vulcan is where you come to embrace your 'and'. That means opportunities to work across an incredibly diverse set of disciplines, projects, problems and domains. It means experiencing in just one day what many people might only experience in a lifetime.
Vulcan’s Impact Technology Group is a dynamic team responsible for the development of cutting-edge technology to further Vulcan’s philanthropic mission. This team has the opportunity to be on the ground floor in designing, building, and deploying multiple cutting-edge products that will have a global impact.
The Lead Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for ensuring the overall quality and reliability of the skylight project. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of quality culture, systems and tools necessary to ensure system designs meet performance and reliability targets. Lead Software Engineer in Test will have experience in software quality, and have previously managed quality test plans / cases for complex interdisciplinary programs.
The Lead Software Engineer in Test will take an active role on team working closely with designers, software engineers, and project managers in an innovative and agile environment. An upbeat and collaborative approach to working with colleagues is a must!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Author, manage and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Have strong functional and automated testing experience with Web, Database and API testing.
- Expertise at several automation frameworks, preferably pytest, protractor and/or locustio.
- Hands-on in a fast-paced changing environment requiring creativity and independent judgement
- Effectively work with project management and partner engineering teams in estimating, scheduling and reporting on tasks
- Comfortable working in a development environment utilizing Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Work in a changing environment and work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Expertise at several software development languages, preferably Python or Java.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical discipline from accredited institution and 10+ years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.