Vulcan uses technology, science and entertainment to affect change and make a positive difference in the world. Finance, and this role, play an integral part in providing the reporting and analysis to manage the resources required to execute the Vulcan mission.
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing end to end financial planning and analysis support to the Vulcan Arts + Entertainment team. Additionally, this position will work with Vulcan Affiliate Finance leaders, including Seahawks, and Trailblazers. This position requires confidence, superior financial analysis skills, and exceptional people skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information. Determine and implement the appropriate methods to generate, analyze, and communicate financial data to business partners
- Provide technical expertise and advice business leaders of each entity to help them understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities. Recommend financial actions by assessing options in relation to organization goals.
- Contribute to the annual operating budgeting and quarterly forecast process through analysis, review, and collaboration with business partners. Provide input on key long range planning assumptions.
- Assist business partners with on-going projects by providing business and accounting support, including pro-forma development, analysis and project management
- Improve the financial control systems, processes, data management tools and key financial metrics necessary for the successful management and reporting of the various business initiatives in which Vulcan engages.
- Role will include transaction level involvement, cash controls, accounting and other financial responsibilities.
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies, procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Finance point of contact in working with Vulcan Affiliates finance leaders. Meet with Vulcan affiliate finance leaders on a quarterly basis to understand financial results and projections. Provide guidance to Affiliate finance leaders for questions that arise. Participate in determining agenda and content for annual Finance Affiliate Summit
- Perform cross-company financial reporting, analysis, and decision support as requested by the position’s manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Strong analytical skills and experience with complex financial modeling
- Critical and creative thinker
- Highly collaborative; has built and maintained close working relationships with internal audiences for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Effective in communicating detailed and complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to create presentations that summarize analyses and findings, and present them to senior management
- Comfortable driving a process and influencing others to meet deadlines
- Self-directed with a desire to learn new technology and apply it to the role
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize to meet required deadlines
- Flexibility in day to day work day and ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of financial information presented
- Confident, proactive and professional with excellent judgment
Required computer skills
- Advanced Excel skills with high proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with accounting software and systems, including reporting tools and software preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 8+ years working in FP&A
- MBA or CPA preferred
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Travel estimated to be less than 5%.
No direct reports (currently). Responsible for directing/reviewing certain aspects of accountant’s work that supports V A+E business partners.