CPG Licensing Approvals Associate
CPG Licensing Approvals Associate
We’re looking for a CPG Licensing Approvals Associate to help implement all aspects of the company’s animation licensing policies, objectives, and initiatives for assigned territories.
Highly process and schedule oriented, this position manages the submission, review, and approvals of key product and marketing materials. Candidates must be able to speak, read, and write professionally in both English and Japanese in order to communicate effectively with internal staff and Japanese companies.
What you’ll do:
- Manage licensing design and concept approvals process and supports licensor and licensee relationships
- Lead regular communication between licensor and licensee on brand specifications and style guidelines.
- Manage merchandise licensing design and specification approvals process and supports licensor and licensee relationships
- Build and maintain favorable working relationships with rights holders, partners, licensees, and other internal departments
- Work closely with various internal teams to support marketing and design to promote VIZ’s properties
- Monitor approvals status to meet marketing/production schedules
- Assist development in brand presentation materials as needed to inform licensors of key initiatives and secure approvals
- Administrative duties including shipping/mailing, digital/physical filing, and contact management
- Assist in Japanese interpretation and translation as it pertains to animation licensing
- Represent the company at various events and meetings, including travel to licensing and sales trade shows
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge of consumer products/entertainment such as anime, manga, and related merchandise and some exposure to entertainment media (comic, anime, video)
- Proficiency with Adove Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- The equivalent of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position
- Ability to fluently read, write, and speak professionally in Japanese, including strong interpretation skills from Japanese to English and English to Japanese
- Previous experience with marketing and licensing
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, internet, and standard software
- Drawing/illustration/fine art skills
- Prioritization skills with projects management
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
Work Environment & Schedule
The CPG Licensing and Approvals Associate position is open to candidates local to the San Francisco Bay Area.
This is a Regular Full-Time position with flexibility in working hours outside of our core hours of 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. The CPG Licensing and Approvals Associate may need to work late or on weekends or be on call for occasional urgent issues.
Who We Are:
VIZ Media has been bringing the finest in manga, anime, and global entertainment to English-speaking fans across the world for 35 years. From classic series like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and Naruto to current hits like Demon Slayer, One-Punch Man, and My Hero Academia, we continue to offer the best in action, romance, fantasy, and adventure stories for fans of all ages.
We offer our employees a variety of benefits and perks including:
- Hybrid Work Model - you’ll work some days in the office and some remotely with a stipend to help cover your commuting costs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Disability and Life Insurance, and FSA Plans
- 8 Weeks of Parental Leave
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous time off policies including volunteer days and birthday holidays
- Free gym membership + wellness stipend
- Work from Home stipend