Software Quality Engineer - Toronto
As a Quality Engineer you’ll champion quality for our platform and products to provide the best possible ticket purchasing experience for our millions of users. By acquiring an intimate understanding of our products and how our customers use them, you’ll partner cross functionally to apply maximum coverage for our applications.
Our quality engineers are highly collaborative, working closely with engineers, designers, and product owners to develop effective tests and document requirements. Working in an agile team using Java, Cucumber, Selenium and Spring (along with many other testing frameworks), you’ll develop and own automated testing suites, explore edge cases and drive quality for the organization. You will research and implement modern testing tools and techniques to ensure maximum coverage and constantly improve the ways we test our products.
Our quality team members are embedded on a delivery teams and use BDD to prevent defects before they are found. Our team executes different types of tests (including exploratory tests), records defects and assists in driving resolution, and develops automated tests with an eye towards continuously assessing and improving test coverage. As a quality engineer you’ll also perform root cause analysis for production incidents, identify trends and weak points, and suggest corrective actions.
Our platform is highly scalable and supports millions of requests any given day. Our applications are mobile responsive and deployed on demand using CI/CD pipelines. If you’re passionate about quality, test automation, and contributing to a product that brings fans to their favorite events, this is for you.
To be successful, you’ll need
- A proven career in quality engineering testing customer facing products
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile testing practices with functional and non-functional test types
- Experience in test effort estimation, mapping business requirements to test activities and implementing quality throughout product delivery
- Experience writing Object Oriented languages such as Java, C#, or Python
- Hands-on experience building, executing, and debugging automated functional tests using frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, JBehave etc.
- Experience configuring and using continuous integration pipeline tools like Jenkins
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with proven ability to multi-task
- A passion for learning new technologies with a high degree of efficiency
- An intrinsic desire for the constant improvement in quality of products and uncovering hard to find scenarios
- Attention for detail, curiosity, and customer focused mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant work experience
What We Offer
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
101-30 Duncan street,
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2C3