Lead IT Engineer
As a Lead IT Engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of critical IT services across Vivid Seats' offices and cloud environments.
This is a hands-on position that will tackle some of our most difficult challenges scaling and transforming our infrastructure foundation to enable and secure a modern workforce's needs.
You'll work with stakeholders across the company to identify needs, architect solutions, and lead projects. As the technical subject matter expert on your team, you’ll also be tasked with mentoring engineers, defining best practices for an agile operations team, and challenging the team to continuously improve.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise networks
- Expertise of foundational networking concepts (addressing, switching, routing, OSI model, modern protocols)
- Expertise in local area, wide area, wireless local area, and virtual private networks and their configuration
- Strong knowledge of installing, configuring, and supporting Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto networking devices
- Strong knowledge of connecting hybrid and all-cloud environments (AWS in particular)
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a networking subject matter expert
- Familiar with modern tools and approaches for monitoring infrastructure and incident management
- Familiar with modern tools and approaches for managing infrastructure as code (IaC), computing virtualization, and storage
- Experience with building out physical infrastructure in greenfield and brownfield projects
What We Offer:
Our benefits package was crafted with our passion for live events and includes $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
Additional benefits include affordable medical/dental/vision/life insurance, a generous 401(k) plan with employer match, transit and parking discounts, a flexible PTO policy, kitchen stocked with healthy snacks, pet insurance, and frequent company lunches catered by Chicago’s best restaurants!
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events each year. Being a part of our team means having the opportunity to work for one of Chicago’s most innovative tech companies, being named one of Chicago Inno’s 2019 50 on Fire. Our team demonstrates a fierce dedication to providing amazing experiences for our buyers and sellers that only live events can create.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606