Front End Engineer - Toronto
As a Front End Engineer you will join a team of dedicated software craftsmen who take a great deal of pride in their product. The core of our work is maintaining and adding features to our suite of single-page applications. Each app is an e-commerce marketplace where users can search for and purchase tickets to their favorite live events. We work with a variety of modern front-end technologies, including Vue.js, Webpack, ES6/Babel, PostCSS and BEM. We work closely and collaboratively with Product Owners, User Experience Designers and Quality Engineers to build intuitive, enjoyable and beautiful user experiences.
In this role you will demonstrate high attentiveness to detail, problem solving skills and an eye for design in your ability to bring specifications, wireframes and visual designs to life. You will work with the Product Owners to ensure that requirements are complete, correct and clear and that development and project constraints are accounted for. Your opinion will be respected, and you will participate in resolving blockers when they arise.
You will join an agile team that is devoted to code quality and continuous learning. You will be expected to write clear, clean, well-tested and modular code with emphases on readability and scalability. You will be expected to learn quickly and exemplify the standards of the team. You will be expected to care about your code and your commits and to take pride in what you do
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 3 or more years developing responsive web applications
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Experienced building Single Page Applications (SPA)
- In-depth knowledge of one or more modern SPA frameworks (AngularJS, React, VueJS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience working with front-end build tooling (Gulp, Browserify, etc.)
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working in a Unix environment
Additional Experience of Interest:
- Full stack development experience in a micro-service architecture, working with Python or NodeJS
- Experience building VueJS applications
- A background developing e-commerce platforms
- Experience working with MapBox and/or other mapping technologies
- Understanding of WebGL and canvas rendering
- Experience developing plugins for the Adobe Creative Suite (i.e Adobe Illustrator)
- Experience developing native mobile applications on iOS and/or Android
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing eachand every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
101-30 Duncan street,
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2C3