As a Data Analyst you will work closely with end business users to determine data needs of the business area and discuss the meaning of the data coming from the transactional systems and 3rd party systems. You’ll also identify additional data needs which aren’t met and work with the development teams or 3rd parties to acquire the needed data.
You must be willing to take a deep dive in the data and understand the meaning, understand idiosyncrasies and communicate at both a technical and business level. You’ll partner with a Data Modeler to create data structures which are useful for multiple internal stakeholders. It’s important you get consensus to the approach, document the meaning, and serve as a coach to others who use the data.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing data in at least one system, including how the data is produced and used by the application. This will involve examining the data by writing SQL, talking to developers, examining the data for anomalies and patterns, and confirming popular opinion
- Have knowledge of creating a data abstraction layer which is different than the transaction system or the incoming system
- Document and map the existing data structures to the new data structures so Business Intelligence (BI) developers can use it for high level ETL (Exact, Transform, Load) work.
- Work with various business groups to understand their short and long-term business needs and create a plan to deliver the data using the existing system or requesting new data be produced
- Drive the governance process of ensuring all stakeholders are congruent on the meaning of the data and it’s well documented
- Build the BI layer of abstraction, providing the meaning created for BI reporting; ensure BI access is considered when providing access to data and reporting
- Build BI reports when needed and train others in the ability to build BI reports, teaching them the concepts and complexities
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a business audience including verbally, in writing, and by creating visual diagrams
- Keeping up a data dictionary of the definitions of tables, columns and possible values
In order to be successful, you will:
- Understand relational databases, tables, columns, and data types
- Be fluent in SQL
- Demonstrate proficiency in setting up reports in a BI tool like PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, or similar
- Be curious and skeptical by examining the data to ensure it makes sense and adheres to popular opinion
- See the perspective of many business stakeholders and understand dimensional modeling
- Use excellent communication skills to work well with a wide range of stakeholders
- Facilitate meetings with multiple stakeholders with the ability to drive consensus
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events every year. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal St #800
Chicago, IL 60606