Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To maintain an excellent living space both inside and out for all residents as well as providing first class customer service.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Conduct daily inspection of building interior, exterior grounds and outside equipment.
- Maintain all areas of the Community and grounds including but not limited to the building, grounds, fences, parking areas, ditches, furniture, appliances, heating and air conditioning, and lift stations.
- Maintain all service equipment, power equipment, power tools, hand tools, and kitchen equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Maintain maintenance records on all maintenance services, esp. for individual apartments.
- Fulfill all work order requests per company guidelines and in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with residents the status of repairs and maintain awareness of resident satisfaction after service completion.
- Produce housekeeping schedule, maintaining appropriate staff needs to ensure exceptional, timely service to residents.
- Report immediately to Plant Operations Director any personnel and maintenance concerns.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of building for all residents, staff and guests.
- Remove snow and ice from all walkways as required.
- Maintain and control maintenance supply inventory, conducting inventory of all furniture, fixtures and equipment both monthly and annually.
- Listen and respond professionally to resident complaints and suggestions regarding building maintenance and appearance, ensuring resident that their feedback is important.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the Community and your department.
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADLs and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- When called upon, participate in care planning and other meetings, formal and informal.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Certification and experience in HVAC highly recommended.
- Must score an 80% or higher on Arrow’s Basic Maintenance Test
- CPO certification and pool experience highly recommended. May be required to become certified if not current.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, refinishing, painting, plumbing, floor/carpet care, refurbishing required. Landscaping experience a plus.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in apartment or other multiple unit maintenance.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within seven (7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Experience in senior housing is preferred.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills required.
- A working knowledge of current OSHA regulations.
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insurance carrier’s policy.