Employee Experience Manager - Houston Corporate
Venterra Realty is a rapidly growing owner/operator of multi-family apartments with 60 apartment communities across 16 major US cities. We’re honored that over 29,000 people and more than 5,000 pets call Venterra “home”! We have completed over $5.6 billion in transactions and manage a current portfolio of approximately $3 billion. Our current annual revenues are approximately $300M which we achieve on the commitment and dedication of over 600 team members.
COVID-19 has created some big changes in all of our daily lives, and we’ve made a number of significant changes to our operations, but at the end of the day, we’re still in the people business, and people will always deserve an amazing place to call home. So, while the way we’re doing business has changed, we’re still hiring across the Venterra portfolio!
Founded in 2001, we haven't just expanded our size; we've grown into a company that is paving a new way in the industry, where our employees can truly make a difference, career growth is available, and where our residents are provided an amazing living experience.
We’re honored to have received the following workplace recognitions:
- 2017 & 2016 Glassdoor Best Place to Work
- 2019, 2018, 2017, & 2016 Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces
- 2018 Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity
- 2020, 2019 & 2018 Fortune Best Workplaces in Texas
- 2018 Houston Top Workplaces
- 2018 Glassdoor Top CEOs
- 50 Most Engaged Workplacesby the Achievers Corporation
- "Top Rated"recognition for 98% of our communities by com
We are looking for people who:
- Have strong personal values and want to work for a values-based company
- Are ambitious and hard working with exceptionally high personal standards
- Embrace problem-solving and learning new skills
- Thrive in a rapidly changing and high growth environment
- Are passionate about driving continuous improvements and the use of technology with data to drive business results
The Employee Experience Manager role is responsible for the strategy, design, development, coordination, and delivery of initiatives that amplify the employee experience and increase employee engagement. The role is focused on the overall experience we deliver to our employees and on increasing employee retention. In addition, the role manages Venterra perks & programs and supports our leaders in their ability to deliver on our leader promises and core values.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Recruiting and Employee Experience, the candidate will partner closely with all HR functions and will be an innovator, collaborator, influencer, and change agent. The role will collaborate with leadership and stakeholders across Venterra to build and implement our employee experience strategy and will be tasked with overseeing our corporate culture within the Houston Corporate Office. In addition, the Corporate Office Manager will report to the Employee Experience Manager role.
- Oversees, manages, and drives engagement in company programs to include:
- WoW-ee (WoW Program for Employees)
- Better Living Wellness Program
- Venterra Cares Volunteer Program including support of Regional Ambassadors and partnership with VolunteerMatch
- Fun Committee (March Madness, Halloween contests, Fun Fridays, etc)
- Smart Dollar Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Appreciation Weeks
- Orlando and Nashville Vacation Suites
- Annual Kick-Off Parties
- Venterra Experience Book (Employee Experience section)
- Formally and informally coaches and trains leaders on how to engage employees, amplify the employee experience, and launch new initiatives.
- Uses metrics and analysis to identify vulnerabilities and drive improvements in the employee experience
- Owns, delivers, analyzes and interprets results and action planning of the Annual Employee Satisfaction and Leadership Surveys
- Acts as an Employee Relations liaison
- Implements Better Ways related to the Employee Experience
- Collects and interprets employee feedback received through a variety of formal and informal avenues and uses this as input to planning Employee Experience initiatives.
- Stays current on trends, best practices, and networking in the Employee Experience world and applies them where appropriate.
- Defines and delivers metrics on the impact of programs and initiatives in addition to showing ROI for employee engagement initiatives.
- Selects vendors to support initiatives and tools as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to juggle, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills in written, verbal, and presentation form.
- Skilled in Microsoft 365; curious about new learning technologies
- Analyze and Interpret Data: Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop narratives and recommendations; demonstrated ability to define and measure the success of programs
- Problem Solve: Work independently and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions
- Project Management: Independently own large-scale, organization-wide projects delivered on time that improve the Employee Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Up to 25% travel may be required. A relocation package will be offered if relocation to the Houston area is needed.
- Competitive Base Salary and performance bonus
- A robust package of Health (Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision), 401k matching, paid vacation benefits and employer-paid Short Term Disability, among other things
- Educational Assistance / Reimbursement to support your drive to learn
- Opportunity to grow within the acquisitions/growth teams, operations, and corporate office
- Better Living program where you are incentivized to reach personal goals or participate in company-wide challenges
- Quarterly Lifelong Learning Challenges to support your professional growth in ways that are meaningful to you
- 8 paid hours per year of Volunteer Time Off to serve the organization(s) of your choice
- Free enrollment into the Dave Ramsey SmartDollar financial wellness program, including the EveryDollar budgeting app
- Access to thousands of employee discounts with BenefitHub
Know someone who would be perfect for a role with us? Refer them to us for their job search and you could be $250 richer!