Data Warehousing Ops Engineer
Data Warehouse Ops Engineers at Veeva are responsible for managing and maintaining
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance and support of customer cloud-based analytic + data warehousing systems
- Design and develop new automated processes, procedures, and tools to simplify management, updates, migrations, etc.
- Work directly with engineering + product development teams to participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Ensure consistent deployments + maintenance of production customer analytic environments.
- Develop infrastructure needed to maintain multiple Dev/Test environments, ensuring each environment is consistently set up, configured, and available for each release as scheduled
- Trace complex ETL, data flow and deployment problems, to
insureconsistent application of application metadata
- Work efficiently and effectively with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Strong experience scripting (Batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
- Proficient in SQL, including basic relational database administration models (grants, security rules, DDL, etc)
- Experience managing AWS/cloud resources
- Proficient with software configuration management tools (GIT or similar)
- Solid understanding and practical experience with software development life cycles (Agile) with emphasis on release engineering functions
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity w/ Python or other
data orientedscripting languages
- Experience managing AWS-based RBMS environments, including archival, migrations, upgrades
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.