Senior Security Engineer
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva’s Security Engineering Team is seeking Security Engineers with a wide range of technology experience to help keep Veeva secure and safe from attackers. Our team in Columbus is growing, and we want you to join us!
This role has a broad scope, ranging from Veeva’s AWS services, infrastructure and processes, discovering weaknesses in Veeva’s architecture, and working with various platform teams,
A Security Engineer at Veeva is expected to be strong in multiple domains. Engineers in this role work closely with teams throughout Security, such as the Threat Intelligence, Application Security and Security Operations teams, as well as provide technical leadership and advice to teams and leaders throughout Veeva. You will be in direct contact with numerous teams in a variety of business platforms, giving you firsthand knowledge about how Veeva is built and how it operates at a deep, technical level. Additionally, you will leverage the knowledge you gain about Veeva to find new ways to break software and processes throughout the company.
Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short-term fixes and long-term security and business goals. They must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. Individuals in this role will be expected to provide thought leadership for the organization as you discover, invent and innovate throughout the course of their duties. Above all else, a strong sense of customer obsession is necessary to focus on the ultimate goal of keeping Veeva and its customers secure.
- Participate in the deployment, design
andconfiguration of security tools throughout Veeva with few limits and restrictions.
- Conduct full cycle engagements with Veeva’s platform teams independently, or as part of a team.
- Tune and configure security tools to drive out the noise for reliable security information.
- Participate in
mitigationof active security incidents.
- Communicate findings and discoveries to prioritize and execute remediation plans.
- Coordinate with new platform teams with the automation of security tools.
- Maintain security’s AWS VPC, EC2 or other platforms.
- Work with systems such as WAF, IDS/IPS, Cryptographic Management, DLP, AD, VMWare, Docker, IAM, RBAC, SSO, O-Auth, Carbon Black, Rapid 7, and other security tools.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years in an Information Security role, engineering, cryptographic, or similar
- Advanced knowledge and understanding in various disciplines such as security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience with interpreted or compiled languages: PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, C/C++, Java, C#
- Experience with Redhat, AWS Linux, AWS Linux 2, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 etc.
- Understanding of one or more standards: SANS Top 20, NIST 800-53, CIS, CSC
andother security standards
- Master of Science in Cyber Security, Information Security, MIS or equivalent
- Experience with cloud service providers and their offerings, preferably AWS and its various technologies and APIs
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP, CEH or others
- Experience in Wireless and Network assessment in enterprise infrastructure
- Experience with HSM’s, CA Root Authority, Certificate Management
- Experience in Active Directory, Federated LDAP and SSO
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF), IDS/IPS or other security platforms
- Experience providing training and mentorship
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.