Senior IT Engineer
Be a part of the future of
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
We are currently seeking a Senior level IT Engineer based in Sydney who is capable of spearheading IT technical solutions and providing a variety of IT support for our Australian office and the offices in the APAC region. The eligible candidate must be resourceful, technical, cool under fire, and love to work in a fast-paced environment. You must have a sense of autonomy and job ownership.
- Design, performing maintenance, and enhancement of IT infrastructure in the APAC region
- Interact with internal clients to help
resolvingall levels of IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software products, and ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly
- Manage and deploy corporate PCs/Macs:
- new hardware configuration
- image maintenance
- diagnosis and repair
- coordinate warranty repairs
- Manage VOIP phone system and distribution of equipment
- Inventory and maintain IT asset data (serial numbers, software keys, locations, etc.)
- Shipping, recycling, and disposal of computers, peripherals
- Assist in the management of hosted IT applications (Google G Suite, Egnyte, Zoom, etc.)
- Report the activities to the regional manager
- General IT routine tasks including:
- IT account management for on-/off-boarding of employees
- diagnosing and repairing end-user IT devices
- IT ticket management
- resolving escalated technical IT matters
- creating monthly reports of item purchases for the finance department
ofemployment in Australia
- Business level English ability
- Four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline, or
4 years of professional experience in desktop support, IT infrastructure engineering, or similar IT roles minimum
Nice to Have
- Professional experience in supporting with MS Windows and/or Mac OS
- Basic networking knowledge and experience (+ CCNA level)
- IT management experience
- Management experience with internal approvals and item purchases
- Hardware repair/troubleshooting skills for PC or/and Mac platforms
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills in English
- Knowledge with general IT security controls and best practices
- Experience documenting IT applications and training users
- Cisco Meraki operational experience
- Experience of AirWatch (MDM) administration
- Highly motivated in performing end-user support
- Self-management skills
Nice to Have-Certificate
- CCNA, CCNP
Veeva Systems is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 550+ customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.