Associate Performance Engineer, New Grad
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Do you dream about working on an engineering team with the talent, passion, and financial backing to build killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications and platform? Are you passionate about
Vault is a proven, cloud-based development platform to manage documents and related
What will your day to day look like?
The Vault Performance Engineering Team works within the Vault Development Team and participates in all phases of the SDLC. In this role you will:
- Test new features pre-production to make sure they will scale and perform
- Collaborate with Vault team members in Product Management, Engineering Management
andQuality Assurance to help design and develop performance tests
- Implement and execute load tests in JMeter
- Use and update Python scripts for managing test systems
- Work with Senior Performance Engineers to profile code and identify bottlenecks
Qualities We Value
- A passion for speedy software
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Solid CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design)
- Experience with Java and scripting tools such as Python or Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems
- Proficient with Linux including system tools such as
vmstat, top, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and tenacity with
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Working knowledge of HTML and HTTP
- Good communication skills
- Local to the San Francisco Bay Area
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Understanding of Java application profiling and analyzing heap and thread dumps
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Jira or other bug tracking tools
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.