Systems Administrator, Salesforce
Be a part of the future of
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration, monitoring and support of Veeva’s Salesforce.com ecosystem. This role provides service to our internal business customers in areas of end-user support & troubleshooting, user provisioning, security administration, data management, system configuration, customization, workflow management, reporting, and deployment. The Administrator works closely with IT personnel and business partners across Sales, Services, Marketing
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of the Salesforce.com platform, a high-aptitude for problem-solving, a disciplined & diligent approach to administrative duties, and a passion for excellence in service to customers.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for Salesforce.com and associated
SaaS basedapplications, including Pardot, Hubspot and other integrated platforms.
- Triage and resolve issues reported by users and communicate status to customers in accordance with accepted SLAs.
- Provision new users, manage workflows, maintain system configuration, monitor system usage, administer reports & dashboards, assist in data loads & migrations and support general
end userrequests for assistance.
- Proactively monitor and administer profiles, roles, permission sets, data sharing, assignment rules, queues, licenses, API limits, storage capacity, etc.
- Manage email templates, page layouts, validation, workflow and approval rules
- Customize reporting and dashboards for various teams, provide reports and report training
- Manage and maintain
third partyapps and make recommendations on tools that can provide better user experiences and operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with IT development teams to identify system improvements and participate in regular change release iterations.
- Design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal controls and business requirements.
- Create technical documentation of all changes to applications per internal policies and conduct end user training as needed.
- Adhere to industry best practices for change and release management.
provisioning, refresh and configuration of sandbox environments and ensure respective codebases are consistently aligned with Production. Clearlydocument deployment plans and own management of change promotion across environments.
- Stay abreast of Salesforce release schedules, maintenance windows
andavailability of new functionality. Advise team and business partners on opportunities to leverage new platform features.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years’ experience serving as a Salesforce Administrator, preferably within an org of global scale.
- Achieved, or working towards, Salesforce Administrator certifications (ADM201 or above).
- Strong foundational understanding of Force.com and other SaaS platforms along with associated administrative activities and best practices.
- Hands-on experience in performing declarative, configuration-based development work on the Force.com platform.
- Must be able to deliver highly detailed, complex and expansive Salesforce administration tasks including user and profile administration, reporting and dashboards, workflows, validations and object/field creation.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical information in clear, concise and easy-to-understand terms with personnel across the organization.
- Eagerness to investigate & learn new technologies and platform features and the ability to translate these into practical implementations which fit business needs.
- Highly organized and disciplined in
executionof work activities with solid time management skills.
- Self-starter & fast-learner having the ability to work effectively with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
. Must have a positive, service-oriented mindset with a willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with
usageof Agile tools (JIRA / Confluence)
- Working knowledge of SCM tools (Git preferred) and code management best practices.
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment models and release strategies.
- Experience with Single Sign-On (SAML) authentication & supporting technologies such as Okta.
- Understanding of Lightning administration, development and/or migration.
- Good, foundational understanding of best practices integrating Salesforce with external platforms and services.
- Prior experience performing administration on Marketing Automation platforms, such as Pardot, Hubspot, Marketo or ExactTarget.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.