Business Systems Analyst, Salesforce
Be a part of the future of
Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies utilized by Veeva’s Sales, Services & Marketing teams. With
The ideal candidate will exhibit a passion for understanding user needs and the critical processes that drive our business teams while also having demonstrated the ability to translate these needs into business capabilities and platform features. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced environment which requires the ability to perform effectively both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
To succeed in this role, you must have direct experience working with the Force.com platform. You must be motivated, a self–starter, detail oriented, have excellent problem-solving skills, and take ownership of work. You must thrive on working with complex business & technical problems and deriving simple solutions that address business needs.
- Builds the foundation for project efforts by capturing business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for system and process improvement. Partner with Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, and Finance operations teams as necessary.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders, development partners, and peers on multi-functional teams across Veeva
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to business vision. Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing agreements and serving as a liaison between business users and the project team.
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail.
- Act as the project manager for implementation of solutions – engage stakeholders, identify risk and establish mitigation, communicate status, define & drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Develop project artifacts: business requirements, scope, gap analysis, user stories and journeys, process maps, flow diagrams, business rules, business data models, security needs, test plans, and project plans.
- Provide technical and functional expertise across Veeva’s Sales & Marketing platforms and supporting integrations. Serve as SME across a variety of application functions.
- Lead and manage the execution of full development lifecycle activities - design, develop, test and implement system enhancements in accordance with internal business process requirements.
- Manage work assignments across delivery teams and ensure all parties maintain alignment to the achievement of milestones and project objectives.
- Actively manage product backlogs and construct roadmaps
- Provide platform support, triage incidents, assess & estimate requests for change, track escalations, perform root cause analysis and work with vendors to resolve system issues.
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls and ensure reference materials are kept up-to-date with the current state
. Develop and maintain technical documentation, release notes and conduct end-user training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in business analysis, requirements development
andsolution design, with emphasison sales and marketing business operations.
- 3+ years serving in an analyst, administrator or architect role on the Salesforce.com platform, preferably within a customized environment of global scale.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best-practices, including but not limited to: Lead generation & nurture, Opportunity, Quote & Order management, Campaign management, user security & data access, process automation & workflow, platform integration, etc. Comprehension of platform usage within an integrated, full-cycle, lead-to-cash operational environment.
- Design and document system data flows, integration mappings, object models, and other relevant functional & technical aspects of the platform. Develop and maintain system documentation library.
- Participate in product/platform selection processes. Recommend build vs. buy when it comes to integrations with internal systems or external services.
- Experience designing, documenting and supporting cross-platform integrations with Salesforce via both custom-built integrations and installed managed packages.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and coordinating development efforts across a hybrid team of both internal and external developers residing in distributed locations.
- Must have a highly organized and analytical approach to work with strong Business Analysis, Project Management, and Release Management skills.
- Must possess an acute attention to detail and be goal oriented. Need to be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- High proficiency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication. Excellent documentation and presentation skills are required.
- Must be keen on establishing and nurturing trust-based relationships with personnel at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel possessing varying levels of technical proficiency is essential.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a high-growth environment having frequently changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with a driven commitment to excellence in the delivery of customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and investigative skills.
- Achieved (or working towards) Salesforce Administrator, Developer and/or Architect certifications
- Previous experience in integrating Salesforce with Marketing Automation platforms is desirable. Working knowledge of Pardot/Hubspot is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Lightning framework and Einstein Analytics is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies along with relevant milestones and artifacts.
- Prior experience serving as an Agile Scrum Master is desirable. Familiarity with Agile ceremonies and artifacts is a plus.
- Understanding multi-cloud integration frameworks & platforms (iPaaS) along with best-practice design patterns.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.