HR Business Partner
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva is seeking an experienced and energetic HRBP to support our teams in China to deliver organizational development solutions for employees. The ideal candidate will contribute to both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative Veeva culture as we scale at a rapid pace. No job is too big or too small for our team. This is a full-time role located in our Shanghai or Beijing office.
As a Business Partner, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves, dig in, and deliver critical employee processes and services to our China employee base. You’ll also put your hand up to lead key projects that will focus on operational excellence and organizational development and help Veeva continue to grow, scale, and drive employee success in the region. Such projects may include streamlining core HR processes, developing functional-specific onboarding, or designing a career development framework that will add value. You will demonstrate your ability to work in a global and cross-functional team environment.
- Provide on-the-ground support for all people-related activities, including offer letters, insurance, labor contract renewals, employee transfers, onboarding and termination processes
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex to provide advice from a local China standpoint regarding how to implement solution/s.
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows in the region.
- Able to guide managers with performance management issues and provide recommendations based on Veeva company culture and balance with statutory requirements
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
- Provide support and guidance in the following areas: performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations and recognition programs and general operations in the HR function.
- You will be the face of employee success for Veeva China and be the point of contact for employee relations
- Resource to the GM to provide
highinsights to on-the-ground issues level
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in
- Experience supporting HR processes, including onboarding, employee medical insurance administration, coordinating with payroll vendor/finance and visa immigration cases. You will be responsible for maintaining employee files
- Ability to influence through strong relationships, expertise and feel comfortable managing and partnering with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, particularly around communicating changes within the organization and to provide coaching to team members and managers
- Strong team player
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills working with internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel will be expected from time to time
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment where you have been
businesspartner to Sales, Professional Services or Engineering organizations
- Experience working with SAAS providers and/or software development industry exposure and experience working for Multinational company highly regarded
- Certified facilitator in self-assessment frameworks, leadership competency frameworks or communication techniques
- MBA, MA or MS degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management
- Experience working and partnering with Global teams
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.