Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Security Engineering is looking for an experienced Project Manager to oversee multiple projects to deploy
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the Security Engineering department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress and weekly status updates. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Requires
Coordinate and monitor programs from initiation through delivery. Monitor the department projects and prevent scope creep and budget overruns. Will track overall spend, milestones, requirements, scope, training and user acceptance testing. Will assist at the project idea stage to gather requirements from end-users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to create technical specifications. Serve as liaisons between security, IT, Tech Ops and engineering departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. Ensure technical projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Communicates with executive leadership, sponsors and key
Will learn and adhere to Veeva’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology framework. Strong ability to communicate with business/technical staff and comprehend complex technical concepts. Strong proficiency using Microsoft Project, JIRA or similar tools with a strong aptitude for project scheduling, tracking and analysis, and understanding of Earned Value metrics. Strong understanding of project management methodology in a PMI context. Attention to detail. Operates with the highest of ethical standards.
Skills and Experience:
- Have experience utilizing software development methodologies
- Understands formal SDLC process and methodologies
- Experience tracking and updating project schedules and deliverables across a project portfolio
- Defines project schedules and resource management
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Detail oriented and understand the 5 why’s on documenting and recording project requirements
- Understand the triple constraints and methods of keep projects under control
- Expert understanding of what a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is and how to control it
- Communication skills to speak with executive leadership, sponsors, customers and project team
- Ability to define, monitor and control project scope creep, budgets and timelines
- Excellent skills and experience reporting on and controlling project finances
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 6 years of experience with college course work or certification such as PMP or Scrum in lieu of a formal degree
- 4-5 years in systems and program management
- 4-5 years in build workflow maps, project timelines, and tracking
- Experience with small to large programs and projects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (formulas, charts, etc.)
- Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, JIRA or similar project management software
- Understanding of IT systems, security, databases, and enterprise architecture
- Complex problem-solving and
abilityto work well under minimal supervision
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Project Management Certification and/or Licensed Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Scrum or Agile certification or training
- 2-5 years’ experience with Microsoft Project. Visio or similar tools
- 5-7 years’ experience working in the Technology Industry
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, Project Management, MIS or similar)
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.