Associate DevOps Engineer
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is looking for Associate DevOps Engineers to build the robust, scalable operational infrastructure that will enable Veeva to quickly and efficiently scale up to meet the needs of our multi-billion-dollar market. There is no red-tape, political infighting or endless meetings here. We move fast and have fun. Your sole focus will be helping to get the Network product to our customers quickly and efficiently with the best quality possible.
If you are a happy, friendly person who is interested in the DevOps field and how to build highly scalable, operational infrastructure, we want to talk to you!
- Maintain daily builds, continuous deployments, code quality metrics
- Provision and maintain various AWS services such as EC2, Redshift, RDS, etc
- Manage infrastructure though scripts and code which you will help develop
- Assist in the release management activities for Veeva Network
- Field provisioning requests for new and existing customers as well as working with the support engineers.
- Work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and QA Engineers in an Agile team environment
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles (Agile, Waterfall)
- Some proficiency in any Linux or Unix based OS (Amazon, CentOS, Solaris, etc)
- Familiarity in scripting (batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Local to the GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, Redshift, Kinesis, etc
- Experience in SaaS based Enterprise Software
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and Greenhopper is an advantage
- Pharma life sciences industry experience
- Basic knowledge of configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, or similar tools)
- Experience working with Java
- Experience using/creating build tools (maven, ant, gradle, setup.py, or similar tools)
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.