Senior Tax Analyst
At 2,500 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is seeking a tax professional to support our domestic and international tax operations, which includes but not limited to, preparation of the global tax provision model, coordinate domestic tax compliance, assist with tax audits as well as tax planning for our global operations.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual global ASC 740 tax provision model
- Prepare calculations supporting the tax implications from ASC 718 Stock-Based Compensation, Uncertain Tax Positions and other various areas supporting the tax provision process
- Research various tax issues and prepare quarterly tax memoranda
- Review quarterly transfer pricing calculations and other intercompany related research, bookings, etc.
- Monthly preparation of reconciliations for all general ledger tax accounts and supporting work papers
- Prepare all tax disclosure requirements for quarterly and annual SEC filings as part of the global tax provision process
- Prepare and continuously maintain all records to substantiate internal tax controls and processes are adequately followed
- Collaborate with external service providers in preparation of Federal and State income tax returns, including preparation of various book/tax differences, disclosures, etc.
- Compile US sales and property tax reporting obligations
- Generate reports and compile requested source documents as requested by auditors in support of income or sales tax audits
- Review proposed assessments; validate errors or obtain evidence to clear questioned transactions.
Projects/Research & Planning
- Research and provide analysis related to federal, state and local income tax implications of specific business transactions as requested
- Collaborate with third party service providers and leverage their technical expertise on ad hoc projects
- Provide assistance in tax inquiries from tax agencies
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- 3+ years of federal, state income tax compliance and reporting experience in a Big 4 CPA firm and/or combination with industry experience in a multinational corporate environment
- Extensive understanding of tax accounting requirements under ASC 740
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Detail-orientedand highly organized approach to meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CPA and/or Master’s in Taxation
- JD, LLM desirable
- Tax preparation software experience helpful to aid in review
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.