Application Security Engineer Senior
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva’s Security Engineering Team is seeking Application Security Engineers to help keep Veeva secure and safe from attackers. Our team in Columbus is growing, and we want you to join us!
This role has a broad scope, ranging from developing Dev Sec Ops automation services, system integrations using API’s, Webhooks, or other custom integrations of Veeva’s infrastructure. Development of
An Application Security Engineer at Veeva is expected to be strong in multiple domains. Application Engineers in this role work closely with teams throughout Security, such as the Threat Intelligence, Application Security and Security Operations teams, as well as provide technical leadership and advice to teams and leaders throughout Veeva. You will be in direct contact with numerous teams in a variety of business platforms, giving you firsthand knowledge about how Veeva is built and how it operates at a deep, technical level. Additionally, you will leverage the knowledge you gain about Veeva to find new ways to break software and processes throughout the company.
Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short-term fixes and long-term security and business goals. They must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. Individuals in this role will be expected to provide thought leadership for the organization as you discover, invent and innovate throughout the course of their duties. Above all else, a strong sense of customer obsession is necessary to focus on the ultimate goal of keeping Veeva and its customers secure.
- Integration of security tools through API’s, webhook or other custom integration.
- Conduct full life cycle engagements with business units independently, or as part of a team.
- Create and maintain integrated security dashboards pulling multiple security systems into a unified global view.
- Develop and maintain global ticket management dashboard consolidating data from tools such as JIRA,
FreshService, and Veeva applications.
- Create automated Security Incident Response system to move playbooks to an automated tracking platform integrated with other Veeva Systems.
- Automation of security tools into the Dev Ops process to utilize true Dev Sec Ops
- Communicate issues or findings and discoveries prioritize and execute remediation plans.
- Train other members of the application security engineers, developers or platform engineers of the automation efforts
- Assist in Security Incident Response and Cyber Forensics during and post an incident and assist in reverse engineering the attack and designing security controls
- Validate exploits findings from
third partypenetration testers
- Review and validate findings from Veeva’s bug bounty program
- Maintain automation of securities AWS VPC and related testing systems for our third-party testers and bug bounty programs
- Backup the Security Architect working with the Veeva platform teams on secure code practices, vulnerability reviews of third-party libraries or other security findings.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years as a principle or senior application developer or engineer role.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding in various disciplines such as security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience with interpreted or compiled languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, C/C++, Java, C#
- Experience with cloud service providers and their offerings, preferably AWS and its various technologies and APIs
- Experience with data analytics, indexing and data algorithms.
- Familiar with Jenkins, Bamboo, CI/CD Pipeline and other automation tools
- SDLC, ITIL, Agile development methods and testing.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Elastic, Cloudera, Hadoop, Datadog, or others.
- Experience with Redhat, AWS Linux, AWS Linux 2, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 etc.
- Understanding of OSWAP Top 10, SANS Top 20, NIST 800-53, CIS, CSC or other security standards
- Master of Science in Cyber Security, Information Security, MIS or equivalent
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP, CEH or others
- Experience in conducting social engineering focused assessments
- Experience in CTF competitions, CVE research and/or Bug Bounty recognition
- Experience in Web and Mobile (Android/iOS) based application/service assessment
- Experience in Wireless and Network assessment in enterprise infrastructure
- Experience in reverse engineering and associated tooling such as IDA
- Knowledge of fuzzing, memory corruption and exploit development
- Knowledge about hardware hacking
- Intermediate to advanced communication and presentation skills
- Experience providing training and mentorship
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.