Consultant (Network MDM & OpenData Technical Analyst)
Veeva (NYSE: VEEV) is building the industry cloud for life sciences. We develop cloud software that helps our customers develop and bring medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva started in 2007 and has grown quickly to over 2,000 employees. We’re on our way to 10,000 over time and were named among the fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 list.
Our Culture & People
We are focused on staying “Still Veeva” as we grow. Our core values are Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our team brings passion, intensity and teamwork to their roles. We have low employee turnover and are known as a great place to work. Veeva is genuine, straightforward, and no drama.
Veeva Network (MDM Platform) and Veeva OpenData (Veeva’s Customer Master Reference Data offering for Health Care Professionals and Organisations) combine together to form the industry’s first complete, cloud-based master data management and customer master data solution which integrates healthcare professional, healthcare organization, affiliations and reference data from multiple sources to give our customer a single view of their customer data. In addition, Network enables customers to steward data from the Product Domain, for both Commercial and R&D purposes.
As a Consultant in the Veeva Systems Professional Services group, you will be producing deliverables throughout the full lifecycle delivery of Veeva applications to a wide range of Life Sciences clients. You will have progressive responsibilities for analysis, design, configuration, and testing of the application under the guidance of the Solution Architect. You will collaborate with a variety of Customers, Vendors, and Veeva Colleagues while delivering high quality solutions to drive Customer success.
- Individual contributor for Veeva services delivery projects. Responsible for high quality project deliverables.
- Create data quality assessments, system data mappings, and metadata configuration in support of the solution design
- Hands-on production of project deliverables including: requirements, design notes, configuration, testing and training materials
- Willingness to “wear any hat” necessary to make the Customer successful
- Develop subject matter expertise on the Life Sciences industry and the Veeva solutions
- Provide direction to junior resources and support recruitment efforts
- Grow the capabilities of the team, develop best practices and accelerators
- Motivated and effective self-starter that can lead colleagues and customers through complexity to get results
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience with Data Transformation and Data Loading Tools
- Hands-on experience with data management and/or process analysis
- Willing to travel up to 80%
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in Europe. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential as position is client facing
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have
- Product knowledge: 2-5 years of experience with customer MDM and preferably Salesforce.com
- Knowledge and applicable work experience in the Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences industry
- Knowledge and applicable work experience with Customer Data Stewardship and Governance Processes
- Exposure to the following technical disciplines: Web Services, ETL, SQL, Force.com, FTP, Batch CSV integrations
- Additional European language(s)
First Year Expected Results
- Work under the direction of a senior resource with limited supervision after 3rd project
- Learn and gain competence with data analysis and migration skills
- Learn and emulate good consulting behaviors
- Execute data analysis, testing, and documentation activities under direction of project lead
- Support customer workshops ad-hoc analysis, observation, and capturing of minutes
Veeva Systems is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 550+ customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.