Director of Engineering, Site Solutions
Veeva builds cloud software that helps our customers save, extend and improve millions of lives every year. Our Clinical products, built on the Veeva Vault platform, are changing the way clinical research is done across the globe. We topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and were listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
The Director of Engineering, Site Solutions will recruit an engineering team to build features for the clinical research site market. Veeva
You must be adept at both in-the-details product execution and team management. As the first engineering manager for Site Solutions, you will need to work closely with product management to define products & features and recruit a team of engineers to drive the product concept to release.
You will be a cornerstone of leadership in a new company location – inspiring others to make Veeva an employer of choice for the Raleigh community.
- Work with product management to define and prioritize product vision & roadmap.
- Managing the entire software development lifecycle from planning to execution to release
- Recruit and manage a team of software engineers to deliver on the vision of the product managers.
- Provide technical and professional guidance to the engineering team.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders to manage resources, timelines, and conflicts
- Be a role model for the company culture
- 10+ years in software development, with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Must be currently in a management role with direct reports at the same location.
- Must have recruited and led a team of five or more developers on-site.
- Have worked in a pure software industry building enterprise software.
- Strong understanding of Agile and project management best practices.
- Strong technical expertise with
abilityto do hands-on technical management and learn new technologies.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Local to Raleigh area.
- Experience launching and growing a software product in the consumer or small business software market
- Knowledge of Software Validation processes and requirements
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.