Senior Project Manager (EDC - Vault)
At 2,200 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Tired of working with old EDC technology? Looking for an opportunity to change how clinical trials, data and data are managed? Veeva’s Vault Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
Veeva Systems is looking for Senior Project Managers who are West Coast based and have deep project management and clinical trial expertise and a passion for helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial data and content with Vault EDC.
As a key member of our EDC Professional Services team, the Senior Project Manager will be at the forefront of our mission and responsible for three main things:
- Understanding our customers’ EDC challenges and clinical needs, establishing and maintaining project scope and timelines, project financials, and facilitating project communication to ensure a successful implementation based on the customers’ requirements.
- Leading and mentoring talented project team members implementing and configuring the designed solution.
- Becoming a customer advocate, working closely with other Veeva teams (Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
This opportunity is focused in the West Coast region for this role. The work location is remote. Qualified U.S. based candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Work with the project team to scope required effort and define timelines
- Lead life sciences customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of applications to support clinical trial with the Vault EDC platform
- Works closely with the customer and project team to identify and ensure delivery against key business drivers
- Project management including resource planning, leading and motivating a cross-functional team, and project tracking and forecasting
- Experience in services pre-sales activities including defining customer needs, scoping engagements, and delivering Statements of Work
- Primary customer liaison managing communication between project team, customer and internal stakeholders
- Track and communicate project status, plans issues, timelines, action items, and budgets
- Manage project scope respecting the customer team and Veeva needs
- Assess and track project risk and develop contingency plans as necessary
- Mentor project team and junior consultants in the EDC Services organization
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- 5+ years’ direct experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in clinical operations, and/or trial management in a project management/consultant role
- Working Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven track record leading high-impact global system implementation programs for life sciences as a consultant, business or IT lead and/or business sponsor for clinical systems
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders, and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to implement a Clinical solution
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Logical approach to problem solving and excellent eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deliverables
- Proven track record of meeting project timelines/deliverables and attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Expert on life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
- 4-year degree required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Nice to Have
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CRO’s and academic & public health organizations).
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred
- Experience working closely with sales in a pre-sales environment
- Consulting experience
- MS Project experience
- PMP certification
- Experience in services delivery management
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.