DevOps Engineer, Vault
At 2,000 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is looking for DevOps Engineers to build the robust, scalable operational infrastructure that will enable Veeva to quickly and efficiently scale up to meet the needs of our multi billion dollar market. There is no red-tape, political infighting or endless meetings here. We move fast and have fun. Your sole focus will be helping to get the Vault product to our customers quickly and efficiently with the best quality possible.
If you are a happy, friendly person who knows how to build highly scalable, operational infrastructure, we want to talk to you!What will your day to day look like?
- You get to play with the latest technologies in the Cloud and keep your skills current while you innovate
- The opportunity to design and implement processes, procedures, and tools with our team in Toronto
- Work in a small team environment within a highly successful company that is growing fast
- Work directly with stakeholders to participate in all aspects of the SDLC
- Creativity and a self-starting willingness to explore new technologies
- Tenacity, technical brilliance, and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Passion for code quality and great design
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles (Agile, Waterfall)
- Expert in scripting (batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
- Proficient in developing/programming (Java, C++, or similar languages)
- Proficient with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, or similar tools)
- Proficient with software configuration management tools (GIT or similar tools)
- Proficient with creating CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Experience using/creating build tools (maven, ant, gradle, setup.py, or similar tools)
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Local to the GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- Experience with building/deploying/managing AWS on an enterprise level
- Experience building mobile applications
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Experience with building and deploying MS based applications
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.