Engineering Manager, Vault
Be a part of the future of
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva is looking for an Engineering Manager to build
If you know how to build highly scalable, extensible platforms and applications we want to talk to you!
What will your day to day look like?
- Recruit, challenge, and reward
high performanceindividuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- The opportunity to lead development and own key product features with our team in Toronto
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows
- Work in an agile, small team environment within a highly successful Cloud company that is growing fast
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
Qualities we value
- Tenacity, technical brilliance and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves, work hard and have fun in a fast-moving environment
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Creativity and a self-starting willingness to explore new technologies
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process
- 5+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Local to the GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience with content management products & SaaS enterprise applications
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.