Front End (UI) Engineer, Andi
Veeva is looking for a Front End Engineer to build react based user interfaces to support data visualizations, application management and internal DevOps tools for Veeva's data insight products.
What you’ll do:
You'll be joining a small team focused on using data to drive decisions and provide insights to our customers.
- Detecting opportunities for follow up messaging,
- Determining the most efficient use of a customers time (schedule optimizations)
- Detecting and escalating metrics based issues.
- You'll be building the user interfaces that allow our customers to configure these settings, check on the status of various jobs, drill into details of why and how these insights came to be and provide visualizations of the data being examined.
- You'll integrate with the backend REST services and will work directly with the backend team to ensure the API design is correct.
What will your day to day look like?
- You will work directly with a strong UX team to review feature designs and determine how best to implement them.
- You will design and build the user interfaces in an agile environment using react, redux and other modern web development tools and patterns.
- You will work with the other developers on the team on the design of the REST APIs used by the UI.
- You will integrate your UIs with other systems (building web component based products)
- You will work in a small team environment within a highly successful company that is growing fast
- You get to play with the latest technology and keep your skills current.
Qualities we Value:
- Tenacity, technical skills and ability to contribute quickly
- A focus on creating highly performant, scalable products.
- Creativity and a self-starting willingness to explore new technologies
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- ES6, React and Redux experience
- Experience building and shipping cloud-based web applications
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard and have fun in a fast-moving environment
- Local to the GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in engineering/math/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Experience building Web Components
- Experience with Salesforce development (custom objects, APEX code development, etc)
- Experience with data visualization libraries (chart.js, highcharts, etc)
- Demonstrated success in a startup mode
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.