VP R&D Strategy, Asia Pac
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
The VP R&D Strategy, Asia Pac, will be responsible for defining and executing on the market strategy for Veeva's Vault R&D products across all parts of Asia Pac and China (excluding Japan). This role requires an understanding of Clinical, Regulatory and Quality operations in the Life Sciences industry, as well as the enterprise software applications used in those areas (e.g. CTMS, eTMF, Quality Documentation, QMS, Regulatory). The individual will have the opportunity to work with a team of Life Sciences industry and technology A-players, who, together, are bringing the next generation of life sciences applications and capabilities to the life sciences industry.
- Define, update and execute the market approach and strategy for APAC and China
- Lead and collaborate with a team of clinical, quality and regulatory market owners/strategists for the region
- Provide thought leadership, message definition
anddirection to teams in the field
- Create and maintain relationships with R&D executive leadership
- Align with regional and global leaders to support growth across the Asian markets
- Work with product management to provide information on product needs specific to the Asian markets
- Be a thought leader in the industry; present at Veeva Summits, Veeva User groups, and industry conferences; lead webinars and author articles for industry publications.
yearstotal work experience
- 5+ years experience as a software vendor or consultant to the R&D side of Life Sciences
- Proven people manager with demonstrated ability to hire and retain ‘A players’
- Experience with or demonstrated
interestin the Asian market
- Native English language skills with
abilityto engage senior customer executives
- Located in Sydney, Mumbai, Singapore or Seoul and willing to travel each quarter (up to 50%)
- Proven track record of thought leadership through industry presentations, publications or other mechanisms
- Proficiency in one or more Asian languages (e.g. Chinese, Korean, etc.)
- Experience working with the Asian life sciences R&D market
- Proven ability to support complex sales processes in the Asian market
- Experience in working in Asian domestic life sciences markets such as India, Korea or China
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.