Sr. Payroll Analyst
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
This position reports to the Sr. Payroll Manager and has full responsibility for the US and Canadian payroll processing functions in a rapidly growing Finance organization. These functions include working closely with the Accounting and Employee Success teams supporting the payroll process and accounting close process. In addition, this position will work closely with the Payroll Manager on key processes and policies and the implementation of controls to drive compliance with SOX requirements.
- Collaborate with the Accounting and Employee Success teams to maintain accurate payroll information by collecting, verifying with the system of record, calculating, and entering data into ADP Workforce Now including new employees, terminations, LOA, transfers, promotions, bonus/commission compensation, benefit deductions and wage garnishments.
- Full responsibility for the processing of bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly, US and Canadian payrolls, and equity related payrolls by established deadlines.
- Maintains payroll operations in accordance with documented SOX processes and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains Time and Attendance system and Personal Time Off leave accruals.
- Ability to run different reports that are needed for updating payroll using ADP, HR and benefits systems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all employee payroll questions and provide accurate payroll information for employees and management.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and protects payroll data.
- Register Company for newly required state and local tax accounts.
- Perform general accounting functions including creation of general ledger journal entries, and month-end close related work including reconciling, analyzing, and resolving questions regarding assigned general ledger accounts timely and accurately.
- Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Strong working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Excel.
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience Knowledge of payroll, time reporting, equity payroll processing and other HR/payroll systems, processes, regulations, and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or a related field, CPP or equivalent relevant job experience
- Experience with multi - state payrolls.
- Experience and knowledgeable with Payroll Tax Laws and Regulations.
- Experience with the accounting entries required for recording payroll activities.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Excellent problem solving along with written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and passionate about the quality and accuracy of payroll.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, environment.
- NetSuite experience
- Local tax experience for Ohio and Pennsylvania
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.