Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva is looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel to be a part of our highly motivated, tightly-knit and collaborative legal team. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate, you will take on a range of legal work, with a particular focus on corporate and securities law matters, corporate governance, M&A, and strategic transactions. We are looking for a high performer who has exceptional communication skills and is adaptable, team-oriented, loves to learn, and operates with a high degree of integrity.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s ’34 Act filings and proxy statements for annual and special meetings of shareholders
- Support in connection with governance, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, capital markets, and other related matters
- Assist in preparing Board of Director and Committee materials and minutes; maintenance of corporate reporting and governance calendar.
- Handle due diligence activities in coordination with other key company stakeholders in M&A and investment activity
- Support the continuous improvement of internal policies and processes
- Coordinate with outside counsel on a variety of matters as needed
- Work with
paralegalon corporate formation and ongoing management of international subsidiaries
- Handle special projects as requested
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a reputable law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice, or corporate environment
- Strong background in SEC reporting and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and proxy statements and Section 16 reporting)
- Familiarity advising on governance-related matters, including stock exchange requirements
- Working knowledge of executive compensation arrangements, including equity plans and 10b5-1 trading plans
- M&A experience at a law firm or in a corporate environment
- Strong academic background, including J.D. from a top U.S. law
- Membership in at least one U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located)
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral), ability to manage many projects with minimal supervision, customer service (internal and external) attitude, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and willingness to work on a variety of legal matters.
- Previous involvement advising on investor relations and corporate communications matters, including earnings releases, press releases, and management presentations to investors and securities professionals
- Desire to expand
scopeof responsibilities over time
- Previous experience with
- Previous experience advising a SaaS company
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability,familial status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.