Senior Director, QA
Be a part of the future of
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva is looking for a Senior Director, Quality Assurance to manage and grow our QA team in Toronto, Canada, supporting our ever-increasing Vault applications.
The leader will be defining and championing our various applications’ testing in the cloud, working with cross-functional teams to release Vault features on regular schedules, working to increase our automation footprint and managing a team of highly successful QA engineers while doing so. This role will be responsible for ensuring that our Vault applications are in customers hands with high quality and on time.
Vault Applications QA Management
- Own QA of multiple applications being built from Toronto office
- Own QA of other tools (API, renditions) that help support our Vault platform
- Strategize and deliver on test methodologies and best practices that will get our applications into GA
- (General Release) on time and with quality
- Be responsible for identifying risks and working with the appropriate product development owners to
- ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- Drive multi-team interaction and collaboration to meet product release readiness
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Lead a team of QA Managers and QA engineers, delivering quality applications
- Manage career paths and grow the QA team across multiple applications, meeting engineering goals
- Be the thought leader in ensuring QA team is up to speed on the latest tools, and technology that will
- help them successfully test Vault applications on time and with quality
- Work closely with Pleasanton QA leadership in defining common processes and testing tools that will
- help the overall QA org
- Work with cross-functional team members (dev and PMs) in getting code coverage numbers across
- applications increase each release.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle as well as expertise in quality assurance processes and methodologies
- Experience leading multi-function teams with at least 25 - 50 team members including Automation, and Quality Assurance Engineers
- Enough level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to QA teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to drive quality releases
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- 10+ years of management and leadership experience, leading both technical and QA
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Proven ability to release web-based software products with quality and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Innovate and contribute to the evolution of Quality Assurance best practices while successfully releasing quality applications to customers
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and engineering individuals at all levels
- Solid understanding of appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira Jenkins, Automation frameworks, Selenium
- Experience with Java and Python
Veeva Systems is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 550+ customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.