At 2,200 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
As the Security Engineer, you will focus on the evaluation, architecture, development, deployment, and operation of incident response, security monitoring, intrusion prevention, systems hardening, and vulnerability and malware prevention. We frequently work with other teams at Veeva, and look externally to partner with unique and innovative security companies.
- Design, build and maintain endpoint security, vulnerability analysis, incident response, AWS security (security groups, IAM roles, flowlog correlation), security event management, privileged account management, and system hardening
- Design, build and maintain network security including network/firewall access control policies, runtime application self-protection, NAC, 802.1x, IPS, malware detection
- Build complete security solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools through APIs and custom code
- Develop and lead incident reports to closure, write summary and dashboard reports, and coordinate identification and resolution of issues with partners and management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Experience in Log Management, Security Event Correlation and any SIEM technology
- Expertise in Incident Response technologies and Signature Development & analysis of false positive alerts
- 2+ years of experience in a Security Operations, Incident Response & Forensics or Security Architecture role
- Understanding of the TCP/IP Stack, Web-Application Architecture, Encryption fundamentals & OWASP Top 10
- Experience with Python/Perl or other scripting languages for automation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take ownership and set direction in gray areas
- A burning desire to grow in both engineering and security expertise
Nice to Have
- Experience in web application assessment tools such as Burp Proxy, Metasploit, Nessus, etc.
- Experience with AWS security controls.
- Experience with log analytics and writing security alert queries
2+ years of experience in Web-Application & Network penetration testing
- Experience with Atlassian/JIRA development
- Experience with User Directory systems (e.g. AD or other LDAP directories).
- Experience with Federated Identity Solutions (SSO/SAML).
- Experience in research and development in the security field is desired
- Desire to identify and implement automation opportunities
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Able to multi-task and deliver consistently on deadlines
- Able to give training and communicate vulnerabilities to developers/managers
- OSCP certification, CISSP certification.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this policy click here.