Senior Software Engineer
Veeva (NYSE: VEEV) is building the industry cloud for life sciences. We develop cloud software that helps our customers develop and bring medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva started in 2007 and has grown quickly to over 2,000 employees. We’re on our way to 10,000 over time and were named among the fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 list.
Our Culture & People
We are focused on staying “Still Veeva” as we grow. Our core values are Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our team brings passion, intensity
In this hands-on position, you will be part of the team building our CRM application. You will work with a smart, highly motivated team to take on technical challenges that are associated with our ever growing number of customers. The Software Engineer will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for various products at Veeva Systems. The applicant for this role should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges, and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment, with
A day in the life of a Java Engineer at Veeva:
- You will design, test, and develop scalable, highly-available, low-latency applications for high-demand systems
- You will participate in agile practices by contributing to stories and helping plan sprints
- You will help ensure customer success by ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
- You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies, and presenting these for architectural review
Qualities we value:
- Passion for writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Creativity and a desire to explore new technologies
- Tenacity and technical brilliance
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- B.S. in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Management Information Systems
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years writing RESTful web services
- 3+ years working with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform
- Knowledge of SaaS applications, SaaS deployment models, and SaaS DevOps
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Prior experience developing or supporting mobile applications
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Experience with modern testing paradigms such as TDD (test driven development)
- Experience with Angular JS, HTML, and CSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit, Mockito, Log4J)
Veeva Systems is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 550+ customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.