Director of Product Management, Site Solutions
Veeva builds cloud software that helps our customers save, extend and improve millions of lives every year. Our Clinical products, built on the Veeva Vault platform, are changing the way clinical research is done across the globe. We topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and were listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
The Director of Product Management, Site Solutions will create products & design product features for the clinical research site market. Veeva
You must be adept at both in-the-details product execution and team management. As the first product manager for Site Solutions, you will need to define products & features, then guide those through detailed execution with the development team to release. You will also recruit a team of product managers to deliver even more product excellence for clinical research sites.
You will be a cornerstone of leadership in a new company location – inspiring others to make Veeva an employer of choice for the Raleigh community.
- Define and prioritize product vision & roadmap, collecting and synthesizing input from customers, partners, executives, sales, services
- Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Recruit and manage a team of Product Managers to bring the voice of the customer into engineering as they drive the creation of, and execution against, the product roadmap
- Evangelize products and become the subject matter expert for internal audiences, external customers, and market facing communications
- Educate services and sales consultants on the product(s) through written materials, demonstrations, and articulation of best practices
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders (e.g. application development, operations, etc. – including those at company headquarters) to manage resources, timelines, and conflicts
- Be a role model for the company culture
- 10+ years in software product management, Life Sciences software consulting or comparable role; with 4 years in a management position
- Working knowledge of clinical research site processes and procedures.
- Deep experience in researching and understanding client and market requirements to develop short and long term product roadmaps and plans
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and formal presentation
- History of providing personal leadership through example
- Ability to effectively build and manage teams, and develop skills and talent within teams
- Track record of success using Agile/Scrum or similar methodologies
- A strong sense of professional ethics
- Based in Raleigh and able to work out of the Veeva office
- Willingness to travel approximately 1 week per month - to Veeva Headquarters (Pleasanton, CA) and/or to customer sites
- Experience interacting with customers, development, and services teams, both local and remote.
- Technical skills to translate business requirements into terms that developers can understand
- Experience launching and growing a software product in the consumer or small business software market
- Knowledge of Software Validation processes and
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.