Principal Software Engineer, Search
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems.
- Use a pragmatic Test Driven Development approach to developing
high qualitysoftware that doesn't need to be assured by a QA team before it's deployed to production.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- 8+ years of software experience
- Extensive experience with Solr and Lucene
- Extensive experience developing enterprise software in Java
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Mockito, Log4J, AspectJ, Tomcat, JMS, Linux)
- Deep expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Annual stock bonus and stock options
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.