Veeva (NYSE: VEEV) is building the industry cloud for life sciences. We develop cloud software that helps our customers develop and bring medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva started in 2007 and has grown quickly to over 2,000 employees. We’re on our way to 10,000 over time and were named among the fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 list.
The role of the Line Cook is to prepare and serve daily lunch offering and be responsible for hotline, and service stations. Working under the direction of the Executive Chef weekly menus will be executed on time with quality and excellent service in mind. This is full-time, Monday-Friday position with weekends off. Hourly rate is $22.00. Holidays Off/ Paid Holidays, Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) and Career Development benefits.
- Lunch production through prepping, cooking and serving.
- Setup, service and breakdown of lunch stations and signage. Store and label leftovers.
- Grab and Go Production- Utilizing remaining prep from service or previous day to create offering for people who missed lunch.
- Follow direction and prep lists as outlined by the Executive Chef.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations in accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- Support prep/ porter staff as needed.
- Help guests, answer questions and fulfill people’s requests.
- Collaborate on evening events( When Applicable i.e. Team Building Events, Monthly Company Socials etc)
- 2+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for food. Relevant experience will be considered.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs.
- Commitment to quality service, food and beverage knowledge.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and good knife skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Flexibility and ingenuity. Willingness to work with alternative approaches.
- Good time management, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to follow directions.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of local products, producers, farms, and a general knowledge of seasonal cooking.
- Familiarity with raw, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo, and whole grain products
Veeva Systems is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 650+ customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.