Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available platform for Veeva Vault, the cloud enterprise content management platform and a suite of applications specifically built for life sciences.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with various AWS technologies such as EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, ElasticContainer Service, S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier, VPC, CloudFront, RDS, Aurora, and many others.
Experience with many other technologies is essential in building and maintaining our platform: Java, Spring, MySql, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems
- Use a pragmatic Test-Driven Development approach to develop high-quality software that doesn't need to be assured by a QA team before it's deployed to production
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are massively scalable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- Design and build modular and extensible
sub systems(building blocks) to enable the hundreds of Vault developers to easily extend Vault
- 10+ Years of commercial software development in Java
- Deep expertise in Object-Oriented design and implementation
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Java, Spring, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat
,Solr, Lucene, Linux.
- Experience with many AWS technologies: EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier
,VPC, CloudFront, RDS, Aurora.
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code patterns and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with building Enterprise software for businesses
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.